Sunday, April 28, 2013

Distress Ink Coloring and Card Making Class at Lasting Impression

Last April 13, 2013, I held my very crafting class at Lasting Impression in San Juan. Im so happy and thankful at the same time for having a full class considering that its my first time to teach.

We started with the distress ink coloring. I showed my students the techniques and used and learned from researching online. I can say that the internet is really a wonder when it comes to crafting as it opens new doors and opportunities for me to enhance my creativity. Even though I already have some knowledge in distress ink coloring,

A lot of people are generous enough to share their techniques just like Susan Lee, based in Dubai, who helped me a lot by giving me tips and sharing her knowledge on how to color using distress ink. I also learned from Iris Uy when it comes to mix media and because of them, i got inspired to share my talent and knowledge in crafting

I prepared 3 different card designs for the class.

I discussed how to make this easel card. I chose this Magnolia Stamp (Taylor Tilda) as  it brings back fond memories of my other who is a seamstress and I myself also love sewing. I embelished the card with some mini flowers and a spool cut out using tim holtz (sewing room dye) which i intentionally spooled with some yellow thread to match the yellow color of the fabric.

I found this round side step card design at www.paperpapillon.com . Credits to the design tutorial given by Marlene.  I embelished the card with hand made flowers using Martha Stewart and Memory Box dye cuts.

Since its summer, i thought of using this bath cap tilda stamp for this  6x6 card. i added some small pearls and a cute little ribbon to embelish it.
I had a memorable time teaching this techniques and I feel good in being able to see others complete the project. I would like to thank Vivian Uy of lasting Impression for giving the opportunity to teach and also everybody who attended the class for making it fun and lively. Im looking forward to teaching more techniques soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment